The Windber Country Club was founded in 1959 by a group of dedicated and driven individuals from the Windber, PA area to begin a first-class golf club in a convenient location along the rolling hills of the Laurel Highlands. Originally opening nine holes for play in 1961, Windber Country Club expanded into an 18-hole championship facility in 1966. In addition, the current clubhouse, dining room, bar, and kitchen were completed and dedicated in 1975. Most recently, a separate, 2500 square foot, state-of-the-art pro shop was constructed in 2010 to make the Club what it is today. Rooted in strong tradition and enriched by its membership, Windber Country Club is a private club that offers a scenic venue for golf, private dining, corporate meetings, banquets, and other events.